Moderators: Parafix, Loose Cannon

Parafix
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Service Medals

Multiplayer Medals

#1 Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Parafix » Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm

If you wish to nominate yourself for the term of 3 months as Grand Maester, post below why you think your fit for the role.

Gimli
Grand Maester
Grand Maester
Loading…

#2 Re: Grand Maester nominations

Post by Gimli » Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Gimli Nominates Gimli

~Organised
~Willing to put in the time, effort, and stress of micromanaging Proposals, Squires, Households, and various other activities.
~Wanting to give back to the community, and help it in anyway I can.
~Actively posting feedback, and partaking on all the Knights Discussions, and Proposals this far.
~Willing to help write the TOS
~Would love to be a big part in helping create and manage the Household system, as well as propose new ideas to help better the forum and community
~Also would love to lead by example for all Knights, and get this forum to a very active competitive level.

Parafix
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Service Medals

Multiplayer Medals

#3 Re: Grand Maester nominations

Post by Parafix » Fri May 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Will close nominations on 30/05/2018

Saint Xenny
Knight
Knight

#4 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Saint Xenny » Fri May 25, 2018 8:15 pm

I'd like to nominate myself for this great role. With great power comes great responsibility.
-Uncle Ben
Why shoukd you vote for Patricia as your protector:
1) Im cool, you just cant deny it
2) I actually care about this noble order
3) Im active af
4) Cookies on sunday
5) my management skills are really good actually
8) Im prepared to sacrifice my interest for the greater good of our order
9) you get to be my subordinates
10) ill make squires a thing, with no anti-squire cruelty laws so you can teach em proper
11) im still cool
12) you really dont have a better choice
13) I will actually listen to you ( i know, i know..)

Yeah thats about it. To talk about my achievements is impossible as the available word count of this entire forum isnt enough tu put it all there.
Vote for Patricia boys

SoulGamesInc

Service Medals

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#5 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by SoulGamesInc » Fri May 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Some average questions for our candidates
1: What does Knighthood mean in your opinion?
2: Where do you see the Knighthood in 3 months?
3: Do you have any specific plans, should you win the vote?
4: Do you feel you'll need an assistant Maester? If so, why?
5: How is your schedule? Can you commit for the 3 months?
Visit a World of Ice and Fire's page on Moddb at http://www.moddb.com/mods/iceandfire
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoulGamesInc Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, or else...

Saint Xenny
Knight
Knight

#6 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Saint Xenny » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 pm

SoulGamesInc wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:20 pm
1) An order of people dedicated to making this forum the best it can be, in all points that matter.
2) A fully developed order with squires and worked out households and detailed ToS
3) Finishing the creation of this subforum completely.
4) No, i feel like i can handle it on my own
5) I got a lot od free time, no commitments at all

Gimli
Grand Maester
Grand Maester
Loading…

#7 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Gimli » Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 pm

1 - Knighthood in my opinion, is a way for member(s) to give back to the community, the site, and help make a positive impact. Knighthood on Sevenrealms is when a member exhibits strong will to contribute to the site by any means whether it be by becoming a Knight, and putting forth positive discussion to make the site the best it can be, or joining specific Staff Departments such as Rangers, Stewards, to provide the much needed oversight to ensure everything runs smoothlyl.

2 - I see the Knights Order in 3 Months as already having voted on numerous subjects, as well having substantial discussions on new content coming forward for the site, such as Households, ect.

3 - To help create the Households, as well as to ensure Knights are consistently voting/putting forward discussions that positively contribute to the site and its continued development. I'd also like to put forward discussions myself as idea's, and subjects to like i said earlier, contribute to the site and its continued development.

4 - An assistant would be nice to help when needed/put forward their idea's in a more influential position. However, a Maester would not be needed if no volunteers arose.

5 - Available. Yes.

Loose Cannon
Steward
Steward

#8 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Loose Cannon » Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 pm

I nominate myself

https://media.giphy.com/media/ysWt5KsnKszyo/giphy.gif

What does Knighthood mean in your opinion?Knighthood should be bestowed on members who have shown an interest in helping improve our community, after a period of mentoring by an established Knight. With that said, I believe the Grand Maester should be someone outside of the Knights. This would be an advantage i'll get to shortly. Maesters are the learned men of Westeros who are appointed to serve the various houses or the organization. The Grand Maester is appointed to serve the King. The Knights will be the rulers here, not a single King. The GM (not being a knight) would be able to freely advise the other Knights if he is not one. Knights have specific duties, a GM would have different ones.

2: Where do you see the Knighthood in 3 months?They should be able to complete the groundwork necessary to start this community on it's way to being the best possible.

3: Do you have any specific plans, should you win the vote? Here's one-using Discord's Skype-like functions to hold weekly discussions. That could be a more formal discussion area instead of direct messaging. If we talk politely more could be accomplished quickly. And if it turns into a madhouse, well, I am the moderator here.

4: Do you feel you'll need an assistant Maester? If so, why? No

5: How is your schedule? Can you commit for the 3 months? I wouldn't nominate myself if I felt unable to do whatever is necessary

Panda_Slayer
Knight
Knight

#9 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Panda_Slayer » Wed May 30, 2018 8:52 am

id like to nominate myself
- Knighthood, what is it?
well in my opinion it is an honor bestowed upon someone who cares about the site and its members, a good listener who isn't too stubborn to not heed the community and his peers and without a doubt someone who is responsible, not only for himself but for a community, someone who can admit when he was wrong and be strong in his convictions.
- where do i see the knighthood in 3 months?
the knights should have finalized any ground work necessary and id like to see the squire program well under way, by the end of my term id like to see 3-4 new squires.
- my plans
id like to finalize the groundwork and grow the knighthood and have the households system up and running. Plus introduce new awards/medals.
- assistant, would i need one?
i would personally like an assistant maester, just for the fact i dont know all there is to know and yes i am wrong sometimes but with an assistant maester id be able to refer to them for information and their opinion on matters, this would mean also if i became absent for any reason they'd be able to mediate and run things on my behalf. But I would be willing and able without one.
- My schedule
i wont be travelling or anything otherwise, i can see no reason why i should have an interruption

Gimli
Grand Maester
Grand Maester
Loading…

#10 Re: Grand Maester Nominations

Post by Gimli » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Thread Archived.