Seat of the Knightly Order in pursuit of improving our fair site

Moderators: Parafix, Loose Cannon

King of Dawn
Knight
Knight

Multiplayer Medals

#11 Re: Knights Voting

Post by King of Dawn » Thu May 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Hmm, I don't like the idea that every knight has a veto, if the amount of knights increases, not many proposals will pass. If everyone can just veto a proposal that he doesn't like.
Imo, 60% to pass isn't that high. I would raise it to at least 70%, and keep 80 or 85% for ToS.
That's just my opinion.

Gimli
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#12 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Gimli » Thu May 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Perhaps the Grand Maester can Veto once per 3 month term.
Also 60% is a bit to low for 7 Knights, however when you start getting into 14+ anything above 60% is way to high for generalized votes. And seeing as they are generalized votes they dont need to be high like TOS voting, ect.

And theoretically, I don't see why anything but TOS voting would lose full support.

King of Dawn
Knight
Knight

Multiplayer Medals

#13 Re: Knights Voting

Post by King of Dawn » Thu May 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Only giving Grand maester and Heads of department the right to veto sounds good to me (heads of deparment can only veto a proposal concerning their own section). As for the ratings, we'll find out if they are balanced or not while we go along.

My last propasal :D

TOS Voting - 85%
General Site Matters - 75%
Other Voting Matters Not Described (Amount of HS's, Site Upgrades, ECT ECT) - 65%

I think it's about time that we make a final dicison

SoulGamesInc
First Ranger
First Ranger

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#14 Re: Knights Voting

Post by SoulGamesInc » Thu May 10, 2018 5:09 pm

King of Dawn wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:26 pm
If everyone can just veto a proposal that he doesn't like
I wouldn't recommend any form of Veto, personally. So long as the required majority % is high enough to ensure that only quality proposals pass Knightly scrutiny, should something ever arise that's bad enough to legitimately warrant a 'Veto' it should in fact fail to pass because of sound debate and reason, not because any 1 Knight decides that He alone will Veto said proposal; without discussion.

If any knight strongly feels a proposal is bad he should convince others of just that using logic and reason, not rely on a Veto.
King of Dawn wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:52 pm
I think it's about time that we make a final dicison
I would indeed recommend coming to a closing decision on %'s so you can move onto other matters and get settled. Things can always be adjusted if necessarily down the road; among other things. Should the Grand Maester be granted any Veto powers, and then be seen to abuse that power, doubtless he would quickly find himself at the mercy of his fellow Knights disapproval. And knights are for killing, after all...

Again I do stress that you may ignore me, it's merely council. The decision(s) rests with you chaps.
Visit a World of Ice and Fire's page on Moddb at http://www.moddb.com/mods/iceandfire
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoulGamesInc Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, or else...

Gimli
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#15 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Gimli » Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Can we just put up a poll so we can move on...

Parafix
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#16 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Parafix » Thu May 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Ill sort a poll tomorrow, in the meantime anyone wanting to add anything additional they may

Alertlord
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#17 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Alertlord » Thu May 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Seventy percent sounds fine, perhaps if we ever have a tie and we can't reach an agreement it'll be more simple to just have higher administration to decide or perhaps throw their own input in.

Greystark111
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#18 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Greystark111 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:55 am

I will say before the poll is up, is 70 percent for small things, 80 percent for more concerning things, and 85 or higher can be for things such as TOS, and other very important changes to the site, but that is an opinion that has been made through reading everyone else's input ^-^

Gimli
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#19 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Gimli » Sun May 13, 2018 5:20 pm

OFFICIAL VOTING LIST
Other/General/TOS

Option 1: 60% Across all Topics
Option 2: 60%/70%/85%
Option 3: 70% Across All Topics
Option 4: 70%/80%/85%