Knights Voting

Seat of the Knightly Order in pursuit of improving our fair site

Moderators: Parafix, Loose Cannon

Panda_Slayer
Knight
Knight

#1 Knights Voting

Post by Panda_Slayer » Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 am

In this thread we will discuss what percentage will be able to pass a motion and which ones will not. And we must come to a universal decision since there are no voting rules in place. :D :D :D

Greystark111
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#2 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Greystark111 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:54 am

That is a pretty smart idea, and we can update it as we go along, around seventy to eighty percent around there, as to have a majority , unlike my pitiful 57 percent before I edited this post

Panda_Slayer
Knight
Knight

#3 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Panda_Slayer » Mon May 07, 2018 5:33 am

I propose a margin of 60% as this provides a clear majority without being to high a margin to where nothing gets past

Parafix
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#4 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Parafix » Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 am

Just a slight input, id suggest different rates regarding specific matters. With terms of service i think i higher rate of approval, if a rule doesnt pass it can be ammended to fit the conditions of a higher rate.

Your call chaps, will look back in when more have placed their input

King of Dawn
Knight
Knight

Multiplayer Medals

#5 Re: Knights Voting

Post by King of Dawn » Mon May 07, 2018 6:07 pm

Personally, I would go for 70% - 80%, percentages can be chosen for specific matters.
By making to rating quiet high, a proposal with good potential but only, let's say 60% of the votes, can de changed to become even better and get the 70% that is needed.

Gimli
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#6 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Gimli » Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 am

TOS Voting - 85% (6/7 Votes)
General Site Matters - 70% (5/7 Votes)
Other Voting Matters Not Described (Amount of HS's, Site Upgrades, ECT ECT) - 60% (4/7)

Each Knight gets one veto per three months in anything TOS related.

Greystark111
Knight
Knight
Loading…

#7 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Greystark111 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:43 am

I agree with Gimli on that but he would need to elaborate a bit, as I am wondering what the voting for Grand Maester percentage would be, as I think there would be a high percent given the position but would think it would be a bit high maybe the 5/7 percentage gimli gave if that was the general percentage.

Panda_Slayer
Knight
Knight

#8 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Panda_Slayer » Thu May 10, 2018 5:28 am

I agree with gimli's system without the veto rules if anything needs to be vetoed it won't get through vetting or put in place. Also having veto's means that someone can use the system to their benefit and not for the sites.

Parafix
Lord Commander
Lord Commander

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#9 Re: Knights Voting

Post by Parafix » Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 am

I would also agree Panda, i'd prefer the heads of department to be able to veto matters regarding their sections if they can justify it, aswell as myself on very serious matters.

Everyone with the ability of veto, especially as the order grows, is asking for issues.

SoulGamesInc
First Ranger
First Ranger

Multiplayer Medals

Loading…

#10 Re: Knights Voting

Post by SoulGamesInc » Thu May 10, 2018 7:28 am

Just to give my opinion (feel free to ignore me, it's your guys call) but a veto is only likely to slow down due process. I'd personally make all voting a 80% majority, providing a solid majority of agreement across the board. Remember, you have 7 Knights now, but that will quickly increase. If 80% of any number agree on a proposal I'd say that's adequate support to pass that proposal; for any number of Knights.

A veto can also be easily abused. I suggest no veto and 80% to pass, then moving on to discussing other matters.

Again, your guys call, just my view.
Visit a World of Ice and Fire's page on Moddb at http://www.moddb.com/mods/iceandfire
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoulGamesInc Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, or else...